President Muhammadu Buhari today, January 9, initiated specialized technical advisory group on the execution of the national lowest pay permitted by law.
President Buhari, at the initiation which occurred at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa Abuja, choosed Bismarck Rewane, a business analyst & money related master, as leader of the recently initiated specialized technical group, Vanguard reports.
The president said that after the recent lowest pay permitted by law has been moved into decree, authority will go into bargaining for income assessment for every workers who are of now collecting more than the new lowest pay permitted by law.
He clarified that the technical board of trustees was assemble to find the best technique to finance the extra amount that will emerge from the application of the new lowest pay permitted by law.
Full rundown of the board
- Bismarck Rewane, chairman
- Dr Babatunde Fowler, former chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service
- Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru
- Dr Ayo Teriba
- Prof. Akpan Ekpo
- Ben Akabueze (Director General of Budget Office), secretary of the committee
- Representative of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF)
- Richard Egbule, Chairman of the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission,
- Didi Walson-Jack, Permanent Secretary, Service Welfare Office of the Head of Service of the Federation
- Olusegun Adekunle, Permanent Secretary General Service Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Dr Mahmoud Isa-Dutse, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Finance
- Olajide Odewale, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Budget and National Planning
- Ibukun Odusote, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Labour
- Dayo Apata, Solicitor General Of the Federation and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice
- Dr Adeyemi Dipeolu, Special Adviser to the President on Economic Matters, office of the Vice President Dr Joseph Nnanna, Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria
- Ahmed Idris, Economic Policy Accountant General of the Federation
- Ms Patience Oniaga, Director General Debt Management Officer
- Dr Folarin Gbadebo-Smith, Director General National Institute of Social and Economic Research
- Dr Yemi Kale, Statistician General, National Bureau of Statistics,
- Aisha Hamad,
- Mamman Garba
- Tunde Lawal
The president identified terms of remark for the advisory group which incorporate; to create,& direct authority on the most proficient method to effectively achieve a smooth execution of looming pay, increments & recognize new income origin, and additionally territories of existing consumption from where a few reserve funds could be made so as to support the pay increments without unfavorably affecting the country’s advancement targets as exhibited in the Economic Recovery & Growth Plan.
Others are to “propose a work plan and modalities for the implementation of the salary increases, any other suggestions that will assist in the implementation of this, and future wage increases.”
The board of trustees has just 1 month to finish & present its report.