Atiku Abubakar, the presidential aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), revealed on Thursday that Nigeria required complete war on faud, which President Muhammadu Buhari was not dedicated to.
In an announcement by his Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, Atiku accused President Buhari for protecting claimed dishonest associate in his administration.
He said President Buhari rushed to protect his friends while censuring other people who were not in his administration.
In particular, Atiku referenced people like the Kano State representative, Umar Ganduje & previous Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal.
He stated, “We find this excuse untenable because the president has not shown this level of restraint when condemning the alleged corruption of others who happen not to be members of his party, the APC.”
“On many occasions, President Buhari has pre-judicially commented on the cases of non APC members and even acted as judge and jury by convicting them with his utterances in Nigeria and abroad.”
He proceeded with: “This partiality of the president is most disturbing as it is proof positive that he is fighting the opposition and not corruption.”
“Perhaps, this is why Transparency International’s latest Corruption Perception Index has established that Nigeria is more corrupt today under President Buhari than before he was sworn in on May 29, 2015 (and not May 19, 2015, as he claimed in Kogi).”
“Quite strangely, President Buhari, however, did not allow Ganduje’s pending court case stop him from praising his crony, the Kano governor, when he went to Paris in November of last year.”
“Even further damaging was the president’s defence of another of his cronies, Babachir Lawal, whom, he said, cannot be charged because of a lack of evidence. We are embarrassed for the president that he could make such a public faux pas.”
Atiku likewise regretted the intensifying condition of insecurity in the nation & approached the administration to demonstrate more outcomes in its duty to guard the general population as opposed to accussing opposition government officials for its own disappointments.
Responding to the most recent executing of individuals in the Gandi District of Rabah Local Government Area of Sokoto State, Atiku said he was irritated by the unchecked attack by criminal who had kept on slaughtering poor villagers with freedom.
“I am genuinely concerned about the large scale losses of lives in Sokoto, Zamfara, and other states under siege by bandits, and I totally condemn such reckless disregard for the sanctity of life,” Atiku said.
In the interim, the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organization (PPCO) has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari’s remarks at Wednesday’s Presidential Town Hall meeting in Abuja had uncovered his tendency for fraud, just as his heartlessness to the situation of ordinary Nigerians, especially those in the North.
The PPCO, in an announcement by its Director, Media and Publicity, Kola Ologbondiyan, stated: “Nigerians were shocked listening to President Buhari’s defence of the Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, over videos showing the governor allegedly receiving bribe from a contractor.”
“Particularly revealing was President Buhari’s contention on whether Governor Ganduje could not have used another person to get the money; a comment, which ostensibly exposes how corruption is being covered in the Buhari presidency.”
“Nigerians can now see that the Buhari presidency is a sanctuary of corruption, where officials thrive in using faceless individuals as fronts to fritter trillions of naira and cover their trails, while Nigerians wallow in hunger, acute starvation, and untold hardship.”
“Perhaps, this offers an insight into why there has been no investigation into alleged involvement of some individuals said to be close to the Buhari presidency in the N1.032 trillion alleged corrupt acquisitions in 9mobile and Keystone Bank Plc.”
“This is in addition to the muting of investigations of a former aide to the first lady, Aisha Buhari, Mr. Baba Inna, who was arrested in September last year, over accusations of receiving N2.5 billion from politicians, businessmen and women on behalf of the first lady.”