Here’s KiaKia Loan App: Application, Interest Rate, Repayment & Benefits – One of the foremost online loan platforms in Nigeria that issues out loans without collaterals is the Kiakia loan platform. It is operated by Sterling Bank Nigeria in a partnership it entered with the Kiakia loan platform.
So you can also call it the Sterling Kiakia loan.
For small businesses in need of urgent capital to pump into their business and boost results, this platform offers a great chance of achieving that seamlessly.
The fact that it doesn’t require collateral to obtain is super already and even you as an individual seeking emergency cash to fund some petty projects or attend to some of your financial needs while expecting money in the coming weeks can utilize this platform to your advantage.
ALSO CHECK OUT: How To Build Wealth Gradually In Your 20s, 30s or 40s
The process is a lot easier relative to other conventional means of obtaining loans.
The platform (their website) is user-friendly and you can find your way around it without guidance.
In this article, you will learn about everything you need to know about the KiaKia Loan Platform.
Before we begin with the first, please note this: the Sterling Bank KiaKia Loan platform has no mobile app at the moment, so you can access everything via their website, but since there is a chat Bot called MR. K on the site, it’s sometimes misconstrued for an app.
There’s no official app on android or Ios for the platform.
What the KiaKia Loan is all about
For starters, the KiaKia loan platform is a collateral-free loan platform in Nigeria with Sterling Bank Nigeria Plc behind the scenes.
With Sterling Bank in the picture, you can rest assured of its legitimacy since the bank is registered with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The loan is however exclusive to only Nigerians with a Sterling Bank account and so if you need to access the loan, you have to open an account with Sterling Bank.
That’s the deal. Any money issued to you will have to be deposited in a Sterling Bank account and repaying would be easier since its same bank.
With a flexible repayment plan, you have two offers to choose from; the N50,000 loans or the N200,000.
Features of the KiaKia Loan Website
Like earlier mentioned, the loan can be easily gotten on-the-go via a dedicated website for it. Some of the features of this website include;
Credit Score – You can click here to learn about how you can build a fine credit score with your financial activities and behaviors. Having a fantastic credit score entitles you to more loans amongst other benefits.
Lend Out – You too can loan out money to others and get incredible interest rates if you want. Clicking on this tab gets you started.
Transaction Status Bar – Get access to everything about your loan, interest accrued and your financial profile by clicking here
Getting the Loan and How it works
To get started, you need to open an account with Sterling Bank Nigeria Plc. If you own one already, it’s needless opening another. You are already eligible by that criteria. When you’ve settled this part, follow the processes below to get the loan:
- Go to the official website of the platform at https://www.kiakia.co/
- On the site, click on the “click to get loan” tab and a chatbot page will pop up before you
- The chatbot will then present you with options like “Create an account”, “Get a loan”, “lend out to borrower” and a few others in that order
- Click on “create an account” and follow the instructions
- After creating your account, click on “Get a loan”
- The chatbot will then request for your email which you will supply and receive a 6-digit confirmation code which you will use to complete the registration process easier if you can understand simple English
- After you are done within an average of about 15 minutes, you will be assigned to one of their agents who you’ll meet in person for physical verification and that settles it
Requirements for Obtaining the Loan
Getting the loan demands that you have a few online possessions like an email address, a bank account (remember it’s going to be Sterling), your Bank Verification Number (BVN) which is very important and a physical valid ID card.
Benefits of Using KiaKia
Here some of the benefits you stand to get from the KiaKia loan asides the collateral-free feature which is constant.
No Hidden fees – There are no hidden fees or charges associated with borrowing money from the platform. No application fees or lender listing fees whatsoever.
Real-time Application and Access – You can create an account and apply for a loan at any time of the day. The site runs for 24 hours round the clock. No downtime and you can apply for loans at any time of the day.
Self-Service – When you register, you will be assigned to a personal virtual agent on standby to attend to all your needs and answer your questions anytime.
No-collateral – This has got to be the highlight of this app and the reason why many are hopping into the bandwagon
Borrowing Limits – Like earlier mentioned, you have the option of borrowing N50,000 and N100,000.
However, you can also borrow up to 200,000 which is the maximum amount you can get from KiaKia.
The least you can borrow is N10,000 but it’s uncertain if you can get to up to N200,000 in your first attempt.
KiaKia Loan Interest Rates
Interest rates vary per individual and depending on individual credit scores.
The usual interest rates start from 5.6% to 24%.
Your credit score can be improved by meeting up with deadlines for repayment.
Exceeding deadlines makes your interest rates to accumulate, making it more difficult for you to repay and denting your credit score in the process.
Repaying the KiaKia Loan
You are usually given within 7 to 30 days to repay loans issued to you.
The repayment is flexible and you can choose the one that is convenient for you.
You can choose to pay weekly, bi-weekly or pay all the money you borrowed in one fell swoop on or before the 30-day repayment window.
Follow the processes below to repay a loan.
- You can repay your loan by visiting the KiaKia website again.
- Then click on the “Click to get loan” tab.
- When it opens up, click on “repay a loan”.
- The chatbox will once again pop up before you and ask for your email address, supply the one you used while registering for the application
- After supplying your email address, with the help of the chatbot, you will be guided all through the entire process of repaying your loan. Since you have an account with Sterling Bank, the entire process will be smooth and faster than you had anticipated.
Other things to Note
- It is not a guarantee that once you apply for the KiaKia loan you are going to get it pronto. A system put in place by the KiaKia platform in the website will have to screen you to determine if you are eligible to be granted a loan.
- If you are denied a loan, there’s no cause for alarm. You can visit any nearest branch of Sterling Bank, go to their customer service section and see how they can be of help to you.
- You can also contact their helpdesk if you can’t find any branch close to you. You can speak to KiaKia customer care representative either by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following numbers 08092245588, 09055111140 and 08093078377.
- You should plan and put things in perspective about repaying so when its time you won’t be faltering in the repayment. If you aren’t certain of any in-flow of cash within the next month, look for alternatives in sourcing for funds.
- You are advised to read their terms and conditions before applying. Find them at the bottom of the site. They are quite lengthy but in order not to default, you just have to go through them.
If you stay in Lagos and Abuja, you can visit their offices at:
Dele Onabule Street, Magodo Brooks Estate, Lagos
In Abuja, you can find them
Suite S3, Pathfield Mall, 4th Avenue, Gwarinpa, Abuja.
The prospect of the app thriving looks good.
The terms and conditions aren’t so rigid and there’s no collateral involved.
ALSO CHECK OUT: How To Get Funding For Your Business
All of these perks are baits to private individuals, small business owners, workers, and entrepreneurs.
With economic conditions around the country going harsh it is also going to leverage on that to soar.
Although there are interest rates but if you can keep to your end of the bargain by paying back as at when due, you cannot maintain a good credit score to be trusted, you can skip some of the interest rates.