Looking for ways to get fit in the gym fast? Do you ever notice how the majority of people in a gym aren’t really doing anything? Some of leisurely strolling on the treadmill reading a book.
Others just seem to be there to chat – while blocking the machines! Some just seem to be on their phone – all the time!
ALSO READ: Tips For Motivating Yourself To Go To Gym
Here’s how to get the most out of the gym!
- Get through the door! The hardest part of going to gym is actually just getting through the door! No matter what excuses you come up with – just go! Make a commitment to going three days a week (or more)! Make a commitment and stick to it!
- Always warm up with some light cardio to get the blood flowing!
- Try doing less if it works for you! you don’t have to do three sets (unless you want to) – just do one sets of more reps – enough to tire the muscles! If your workout isn’t tedious – you’re more likely to do it more often!
- Limit yourself to 6-9 machines and 20-30 minutes. Don’t rest between machines. Use machines when first starting out – they’re there because they help your muscles learn. Use free weights later on!
- Always rotate among upper body, core and legs
- Work your major muscle groups. Arms get worked out when doing chest, back and shoulder exercises. The slower you move the weights – the better! Go eve slower on the negative!
- Get onto the elliptical for 10-20 mins and then try switching to the treadmill for an additional 5-20. Go fast enough to sweat. Stretch!
- Reward yourself with time in the pool, steam room or sauna!
- When you aren’t at the gym – eat properly. More vegetables and fruit – and less dense foods – especially though high in fat! Don’t do protein bars.
- On your off days – make sure you do something else. Work in the garden, take the stairs. Walk somewhere!
Just remember to be patient with yourself! Add weights slowly! Be persistent!
ALSO READ: What Exact You Expect From Daily Health Tips?
Many people find it easier to workout if they have a workout buddy
Keep a positive mental attitude!
Vary your routine!
Breathe! Stretch! And drink plenty of water!