Are you looking for tips for motivating yourself to go to gym? So you’ve joined the gym. But you haven’t been yet – although your bank account shows you have a gym membership! Often it’s easier to sign up than to actually go to gym!
You fool your mind into making excuses – and guilt sets in every time you see your gym card!
How do you motivate yourself to go to gym!?
ALSO READ: Top 10 Ways to Get Fit in the Gym FAST
Read these tips and maybe it can help!
- The prospect of going to gym can be intimidating – so break it into smaller steps… put on your gym gear – or pack your gym bag – and make an effort to get to the gym… once you’re there – it’s easier to convince yourself to just do a small gym session… then push yourself a little more the next time!
- Set up rewards for yourself. Not bad ones that override the good you’re getting from gym!
- Consider the costs of not going to gym! Every month you don’t go and you pay for the gym – you are wasting money! What about those new gym shoes, and clothes!
- Maybe trying on clothes that you used to fit into – or would like to fit into can motivate you to go to gym! Decide what you want to look like and focus on yourself looking like that!
- Buy yourself new gym gear! Buy stuff you’ll feel comfortable wearing and that you feel good in!
- Be realistic about how often you can go. So you can’t make it 5 times a week – don’t punish yourself about it! Make place in your schedule for gym – but it doesn’t have to control you! If you are sick – don’t go to gym!
- Set clear objectives for yourself! Set minimum goals!
- Get a gym buddy! Often going with a friend will help motivate each other!
- Change your routine! If you’re getting bored at gym – change your routine! Challenge yourself!
- Don’t blame the gym and it’s sales gimmicks for making you sign up and not go! Go to gym to be a healthier you!