Atiku calls for examination concerning claims President Buhari’s relatives co-possess Etisalat Nigeria, Keystone Bank. The presidential aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party has requested a test into the proprietorship of Etisalat & Keystone Bank.
Mr Abubakar, in an announcement by a representative, Phrank Shaibu, said the call was essential “in view of reports that members of President Muhammadu Buhari’s family now own substantial share in Etisalat Nigeria which has an estimated $2 billion (about N727 billion at 360 per dollar) of its estimated $20 billion global net worth.”
Read Mr Shaibu’s full proclamation sent to PREMIUM TIMES beneath.
The Presidential aspirant of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has approached the applicable experts to critically established an investigation to unfold the shrouded faces behind the new proprietorship structure of multi-billion naira telecoms mammoth, Etisalat Nigeria, and in addition Keystone Bank.
In an announcement delivered in Abuja on Wednesday, the Special Assistant to Atiku on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu, said such an investigation was important in perspective of reports that individuals from President Muhammadu Buhari’s family currently claim significant offer in Etisalat Nigeria which has an expected $2 billion (about N727 billion at 360 for each dollar) of its assessed $20 billion worldwide total assets.
Atiku additionally communicated stun at reports from irreproachable links that the first family currently plays huge in the country’s money related segment in the wake of gaining divine offers in Keystone Bank with aggregate resources of $1.916 billion (comparable to N307.5 billion) & also acquiring about ₦3 billion worth of offers in the new Pakistani Islamic Bank.
“I know that last week was turbulent for President Buhari and I apologise for adding to his woes, but as he is insistent on the myth that he is spotless and anti-corrupt, If this is found to be true, this scandal would break every rule of corporate and public governance, since this will be the first time members of the first family will be openly involved in a once-in-a-lifetime deal that would make them all richer beyond their wildest dreams,” the announcement said.
The allegation is coming in the midst of revealed charges in the media that the All Progressives Congress (APC) drove government intends to utilize tons of Naira from the Anchor Borrowers Program assigned by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for ranchers, utilizing nonexistent gifts from 12 million agriculturists as a façade. Be that as it may, the presidential aspirant of the PDP exhorted President Buhari to evade the utilization of state assets & hardware for the forthcoming 2019 presidential election.
In particular, Atiku said no agriculturist donated any N1.7billion for Buhari’s re-appointment crusade, cautioning that APC’s choice to utilize monies implied for ranchers to run his battle isn’t clean in any way.
“The other day, a man who scored 15,424,921 votes to win the 2015 general election was reported to have been nominated by 14 million APC members at the Presidential primaries for 2019. Now, over 12 million farmers have donated to his campaign. Are they indirectly spewing out outrageous figures of people they intend to claim voted for them in the coming elections? Could that be why the President was flashing an occult double four hand signal that has gone viral?What did the hand signal mean? Does it mean that the President has jettisoned the idea of a free and fair election and telling Nigerians that no matter how they vote, he will return for a second term of four years? In any case , if the farmers who just took a loan through the borrowers anchor programme and have not liquidated the facility can donate this huge sum or any sum for that matter, it means the ‘Association of widows and children of all those slain by Boko Haram and herdsmen will donate N5billion to the Buhari campaign. In fact, the 23.1 million youth who lost their jobs between 2016 till date will donate about N12billion to the Buhari campaign.”
“Assuming but not even conceding that such a huge sum of money was donated to President Buhari by Nigerian farmers as his handlers would want Nigerians to believe, wouldn’t such donation be in contravention of Section 91 (9)of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) which says no individual or other entity shall donate more than N1m to an aspirant or a candidate,” Atiku stated
Segment 91 (2) of the Electoral Act further expresses that a presidential aspirant can spend a maximal of N1billion.
The law additionally suggests a fee of N1m or a jail term of 12months or both for any aspirant that breaks the arrangements of the Act.
“We have no stand on whether or not President Buhari should run for office. That is his prerogative and that of his party. But we believe it is improper for public office holders to forcefully loot public funds, on behalf of a sitting president seeking a second term in office.”
‘’What this means is that there is a ‘war chest’ which apparently is from the national coffers,’’ Atiku said.
He said if President Buhari needs to keep running for office in 2019, he should take just cash derived from gifts by his movement association that are free of government.
‘’Anything short of that – as is currently the case with the use of funds from the CBN meant for farmers will mean there will be no level playing field for all the candidates billed to contest for the presidency during next year’s presidential elections,’’ Atiku stated.