What is envy? It is the desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable thing belonging to (someone else).
Admit it. At some point in your life you’ve been envious of someone.
And that’s cool. It’s okay because you aren’t perfect and because as humans it is inbuilt for us to want success (at least what we consider to be success).
READ ALSO: How To Be Mentally Strong
But are you thinking about the energy you are wasting in the process?
The emotions that you have let rule you?
The truth of the matter is while you are busy being envious of others, you are stalling your own progress.
The first question.
Do you want to continue feeling this way or do you want to stop?
If your answer is stop and focus on positive energy diverted to yourself, then you should continue with the article.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Tips for Living a More Eco-Friendly Life
To stop being envious you need to look at the suffering you put yourself through.
- You are resentful and bitter. And the worst thing is? The other person has no clue about what is going on.
- You are not concerned about moving forward: Because you are stuck on another person’s progress, you barely have time to think about yours. You have no idea what to do with yourself and the issue is you aren’t even thinking about it.
- It makes you do things you wouldn’t normally do: You start to backbite, you gossip, you put down good stuff done by other people, you turn down opportunities offered to you by these people you are envious of and by so doing, you close doors of opportunities.
Are you ready to move forward? Proceed
- Nobody has it all: it looks like they have everything you can possibly want trust me they do not. They have some things which they lack. But they do not show you. They only put their best forward. What do you do with your flaws? Do you bury them? Do you put them out there for everyone to see? Or do you deal with them and turn them around so everyone sees them as an excellent quality?
- Stop Talking: It is a given fact. You can’t listen if you keep talking. There is a reason you are envious of others. You do not know it all. You can’t be right at all times. You still have some things to learn and you can’t hear and learn if you won’t listen.
- Life isn’t a competition: If someone gets something you want, rejoice with them genuinely. They probably worked like there is no tomorrow while you were just fantasizing. So really? Beefing? Ko wa okay rara.
- There is something beautiful about you: You do have something other people will be glad to have. All you have to do is look for it, tap into it, and make other people grateful on your behalf.
Learn from others, don’t put them down and others will learn your graciousness.