How to Save Money – We all need to save money even if we don’t want to admit it! Choosing different options can help you in the long run! Save a little now and you could end up in a way better financial situation in a few years!
Inflation goes up all the time.
Salary increases do not! Everyone needs a little help saving money.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Additional Tips for Saving Money
With some of these practical tips to saving money you are sure to find a little extra every month to put into your savings!
Here are some practical tips on how to save money!
- Change your attitude to your home loan! Buying a home is the most expensive thing you’ll ever own – so make sure you get the best home loan when you do! Shop around and find the best offer! Always try and pay off a little extra each money and you will save in the long run!
- Clear your credit card debt as soon as possible! Credit cards may be convenient but they charge you a fortune in interest!
- Do everything you can to reduce your electricity bill in the home! Small changes can make a big difference in the long term.
- Consider a pay-as-you-go cell phone option rather than a contract! Do you really need a contract phone with all of the bells and whistles?
- Make a shopping list and stick to it!
- Beat the supermarkets by shopping at local markets!
- Consider different brands and own-brands!
- Don’t buy designer labels!
- Sell your clutter!
- Use your talents, creative skills and abilities to earn extra cash!
- Do your own DIY rather than paying someone to do it for you!
- Shop around and find a cheaper household insurance!
- Choose a cheaper breakdown insurance – there are more than one option available.
- Make sure you aren’t paying too much on your life insurance!
- Always book early! Most airlines and hotels offer discounted rates if you book well in advance!
- Put together your own holiday package rather than buying an off-the-shelf option – you will save money
- Learn to say NO! Do you really need it?
- Don’t try and keep up with the Joneses!
- Consider down-sizing your car! Save on fuel costs! Save on mechanic fees! Save Save Save!
- If you aren’t using it – cancel it! If you have a gym membership you never use – then cancel it! If you are part of a club – but never attend – cancel it!!