Boko Haram threatens civilians to vacate homes in Borno – Nigerian Army

Boko Haram threatens civilians to vacate homes in Borno – Nigerian Army

Boko Haram insurgents have advised people in northeast Nigeria to vacate their residence, the military said on Thursday, as pressures rise in the long-running clash.


Armed force representative Onyema Nwachukwu said there was “credible information” the jihadists had “infiltrated some villages” close to the Borno state capital Maiduguri.

READ ALSO: Don Jazzy Secure Multimillion Dollar Investment Deal With Kupanda Holdings For Mavins

“They have clandestinely been going about threatening innocent residents, warning them to vacate their homes,” he said in an announcement.


An individual from the non military personnel revealed to AFP not long ago that Boko Haram had cautioned individuals in Jakana town to vacate by Wednesday as they would dispatch a noteworthy assault.

On Wednesday, the military ventured up stop & hunt tasks on the major street traveling west out of Maiduguri, on which Jakana lies.

Cautions are additionally been given to local people in Mainok, which is on a similar route going to Damaturu, the capital of neighboring Yobe state.

Nwachukwu portrayed the warning as “mental war” and asked occupants to report suspicious action.

Nigeria’s administration & military has over and over revealed that the Islamist aggressors have been debilitated to the point of thrashing however assaults have held on.

READ ALSO: N70,000 is unrealistic for a new passport – Labour Leaders Tells FG

On Wednesday, the United Nations said in excess of 30,000 individuals had depart their residence in the Baga zone of northern Borno after assaults from an Islamic State group assisted by Boko Haram group.

The assaults were the most recent against army bases & officers that have expanded since July last year. The military has rebuffed advice the jihadists are resurgent.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0