Top 10 Outdoor Safety Tips Everyone Should Know – If you are planning on heading outdoors and into the wild – make sure you plan your trips and don’t forget these useful tips for taking proper precautions and getting to know your limits.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Self-Defence Tips For Women
- Underestimate yourself. You really aren’t Bear Grylls – so don’t think you’ll be able to do what he does. Be conservative in your estimation of your outdoor skills!
- Learn first aid. You never know what might happen – so rather be prepared and do a first aid course.
- Make plans and stick to them. Don’t take risks. If you tell someone where you’re going – go there!
- Check the weather before you go. It’s all part of planning – if you know what the weather is supposed to do – you are giving yourself ammunition to plan properly and take the necessary precautions.
- Read the manual… if you are going to be using electronic equipment – make sure you know exactly how it works before you go – don’t just assume you’ll be able to figure it out!
- If you are using gadgets – make sure they’ll be able to work where you’re going. Just because your iphone is loaded with weather aps, compass aps, GPS and other features – don’t mean you’re going to have a good enough signal for them to actually be any good where you’re going. Just check first!
- Tell people where you are going and when you’ll be back. It may help so that they know when to send out the search party!
- Watch out for bugs. You are likely to get bitten by a tick or a mosquito while in the wild. Use repellents and check yourself for ticks. If you’re going into a malaria area – make sure you have taken anti-malaria tablets for the prescribed time before entering the area.
- Use safety gear appropriate to what you are doing. Know the risks and prepare for the worst.
- Pack wisely. Whatever you’re doing – make sure you take the appropriate gear with you before you go!
What do you think of Top 10 Outdoor Safety Tips?